I won’t deny it – I’m a big fan of NordVPN. They’re one of the fastest VPNs in the industry, run an extensive server network, and offer excellent privacy and security.
They also unblock just about any streaming service under the sun. They are my go-to for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Hulu, and several others.
That said, you shouldn’t just take my word for how good NordVPN is – try it yourself. And the best way to do that? Use a NordVPN free trial subscription.
The provider gives us a couple of excellent, risk-free options. Read on to find out what they are and how you can easily take advantage of them.
NordVPN Free Trials Quick Overview
The official free trial NordVPN offer is for Android or iOS devices and is seven days long. With it, you get access to all the features of a full paid subscription but restricted to mobiles.
The unofficial free trial is taking advantage of NordVPN’s 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee. Technically, this isn’t the same as a free trial, as you have to pay initially and then go through the refund process.
Going the money-back route does have several advantages, including access on all platforms supported by NordVPN.
Let’s take a look at both options in a bit more detail.
Free Trial vs. Money-Back Guarantee
The two options available to us, the 7-day free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee, have different benefits.
While the 7-day trial does need your credit card information, you don’t pay anything before the trial is up. Canceling is also easier, as you won’t need to go through customer service or turn off the automatic payments.
However, as mentioned earlier, this trial is Android or iOS access only. If you want to use NordVPN on a different platform, it may not be the best option.
With the 30-day money-back guarantee, NordVPN charges you upfront, so you need to have the funds available to pay.
On the plus side, the 30-day money-back guarantee option gives you a lot more time to try out the service – seven days go by very quickly. You can also use the VPN on desktops and many other platforms NordVPN supports, not just mobiles.
Besides, the NordVPN refund policy is one of the best in the business, and getting your money back is a breeze.
NordVPN 30-Day Trial Instructions
Relying on the 30-day money-back guarantee differs from getting a free trial the traditional way. To take advantage of it, you need to choose and subscribe to one of NordVPN’s plans.
Whichever plan you choose, you will have to initially pay for it. You can use either a credit card or Bitcoin – the other available payment methods may not be refundable.
Once paid, you have a full 30 days to cancel the NordVPN free trial. Just be careful not to miss the cutoff.
Depending on which NordVPN package you go for and what discounts are available, you’re looking at a temporary investment between $11.95 and $59.00.
To get the NordVPN 30-day free trial, follow these steps:
- Go to NordVPN’s website and click on “Get Deal Now”.
- Choose a subscription package and press the “Continue to Payment” button.
- Choose your payment method, enter your payment details, and click “Continue”.
- You’ll get an email with a download link to the NordVPN app.
- Downloaded the app, install it, launch it, and log in.
You can now use NordVPN without any restrictions on all your devices for free for the next 30 days.
How to Get a Refund for NordVPN
Before 30 days have passed, you can request a 100% refund, no matter what NordVPN subscription plan you chose.
The first step in this process is to cancel your automatic payments:
- Go to NordVPN’s website and log into your account.
- Go to your dashboard and scroll down to “My Services”.
- Click on the gray button with three dots right next to the blue “Change Plan” button.
- Cancel your automatic payments.
- If another button saying “Extend Plan” appears, that is confirmation the cancelation worked.
When that’s done, you can start the refund process. To do so, you have to contact NordVPN customer support. You can submit your request either by email or through live chat.
Which you pick comes down to your personal preference. Getting a refund over email or chat will take the same amount of time – about 2-3 days.
You don’t need to worry about getting the third degree when cancelling your subscription, either. When it comes to their money-back guarantee, NordVPN doesn’t ask questions.
One thing you will likely be asked is why you requested a refund, but any answer will do. They’ll even accept replies like: “I would just like a refund please” (i.e., having no concrete reason).
To get the refund process started:
- Go to NordVPN’s Customer Support page.
- Choose either email or live chat support – whatever best suits you.
- Submit your refund request.
- Wait to get your money back – this typically takes 2-3 business days.
NordVPN Refund Policy
NordVPN’s refund policy is located in their Terms of Service. Look for section 5 titled “Refund and cancellation policy”.
Here’s a summary of the main points:
- You have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN has a policy of troubleshooting issues before providing refunds. Assuming you had a problem, they’ll try to help fix it before you leave their vpn services.
- If you bought NordVPN through iTunes or Google Play, or a reseller like Amazon or BestBuy, NordVPN is unable to process your request – you’ll have to do it through those stores instead.
- If you used a prepaid or gift card, unfortunately, you won’t be able to claim a refund at all.
- Purchases made in cryptocurrency will be refunded at the current conversion rate.
- Past the 30-day trial period, you can cancel at any time, but you won’t automatically receive money back for the unused part of the ongoing service.
- You can only get a full refund from NordVPN twice. In other words, don’t make a habit of getting the 30-day free trial. After being refunded twice, the third attempt will be declined with no chance of rebuttal.
- No refunds will be offered to anyone who breaks Nord’s terms of service.
- Access to the VPN will be lost immediately after the refund has been processed.
Other VPNs With 30-Day Free Trials
Other premium VPN providers may not offer free trials, but chances are they have the same money-back policy as NordVPN.
CyberGhost even lets you refund for up to 45 days if you’re after a longer VPN trial.
NordVPN 7-Day Free Trial Instructions
NordVPN’s official free trial is only 7 days long. It’s available on Android and iOS systems exclusively.
Getting the trial is as simple as signing up for a vpn plan. Like most free trials, you’ll need to provide payment information, but NordVPN will not charge you anything before the trial is up.
Before signing up for the free nordvpn trial, remember that the refund policy for Android and iOS is different from NordVPN’s guarantee. You’re purchasing through either the Apple or Google store and will need to follow their rules. To be safe, make sure to cancel nordvpn free trial before the first paym ent goes through after seven days.
Here are the steps to follow to sign up for NordVPN’s 7-day free trial:
- On your mobile or tablet device, go to either iTunes or the Google Play store.
- Look up NordVPN using the search bar.
- Get the app – downloading it is free.
- Once the app is installed, use it to sign up for NordVPN.
- The 7-day trial requires you to subscribe to their 1-year plan, so do that.
- You’re given access as soon as you subscribe.
NordVPN 3-Day Free Trial
NordVPN used to offer a 3-day free trial for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
However, as of 2019 they discontinued the option. Scammers were apparently starting to overrun the service, which reduced quality for their other users.
So, in May 2019, NordVPN replaced the 3-day free trial with their current 30-day money-back guarantee. The required initial payment is what helps vet anyone signing up.
NordVPN Free Trial Features
The 30-day trial from NordVPN offers the same functionality as a standard paid subscription. The 7-day version, on the other hand, comes with one significant limitation.
Both free trials give you access to all NordVPN servers, so you can virtually travel to (and stream geo-blocked content from) any country. There are no data caps, and the provider’s excellent connection speeds are not restricted either.
And, of course, customer support is always at your disposal.
The big advantage of the 30-day option (other than being four times as long) is that it lets you install NordVPN on every device the provider supports. Windows, iOS, Linux desktops as well as Android and iOS phones and tablets make the list. NordVPN also works with Android TV, Kodi, Roku, Firestick, and routers.
The 7-day trial limits you to Android and iOS devices only.
NordVPN Free Trial FAQ
For completeness, let’s quickly go over some of the most frequent questions about using NordVPN’s free trial offers.
Does NordVPN Have a Free Trial?
Yes, NordVPN has a 7-day free that gives you access to all features the provider offers. However, the trial is available only on Android or iOS devices. If you want a free trial on your desktop or other devices, take advantage of NordVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee instead.
How Long is the NordVPN Free Trial?
If you opt for the Android or iOS trial, you’ll be limited to just seven days of free use before you start getting charged. With the money-back guarantee, you have 30 days to try the service, though you will have to pay upfront and claim a refund later.
Does NordVPN’s Free Trial Need a Credit Card?
To sign up for NordVPN’s 7-day free trial, you need a credit card. A credit card is also the easiest and most common way to take advantage of the 30-day trial. However, for the latter, you can also pay with either Bitcoin or several other cryptocurrencies.
Is There a Free Version of NordVPN?
No, NordVPN does not have a free version of the service, and there isn’t likely to be one. The only way to fully stay anonymous online, stream geo-blocked content, or securely download torrents with the provider is to sign up for the 30-day free trial.
Is Using a Free Trial to Try NordVPN Worth It?
Yes, taking advantage of one of NordVPN’s free trials is well worth it. With access to every premium feature the service offers, it’s the best way to make sure the VPN service is exactly what you need.
Why Use NordVPN’s Free Trial Instead of a Free VPN?
A free trial of NordVPN includes everything you get with a regular subscription. This consists of every security and privacy features as well as geoblocking workarounds.
Compared to a premium service like NordVPN, free VPN providers fall well short of keeping you safe and anonymous online. Most also come with bandwidth and data limits and rarely work with any geo-blocked streaming provider like Netflix, Hulu, or the BBC.
NordVPN is an excellent VPN service – arguably, the best there is. But, the only way to really know if it’s the right choice for you is to try it.
The provider’s 7-day free trial lets you fully experience every feature the VPN offers.
That said, why not give yourself more time and take it for a spin for an entire month? With NordVPN’s iron-clad 30-day money-back guarantee, you can do that absolutely risk-free.